Friday, January 31, 2014

{Gluten Free Friday} Banana Bread

Happy Friday, friends!  I had planned on sharing some other posts this week, but...that didn't happen, so I hope you'll settle for another installment of "Gluten Free Friday".  This week's recipe is banana bread. :)
 
Some mornings, I'm not that hungry for breakfast and I just want to eat a little "get-me-through" that goes well with coffee or tea.  Let's face it...banana bread is delicious and comforting at any time of the day!
 
This recipe is another Pinterest find and it comes from a website called www.yourhomebasedmom.com.  It's actually called "The Best Gluten Free Banana Bread" and I'm going to have to agree!  You would never know this was anything other than just great banana bread.
 
 Banana Bread
 
Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil (I used canola.)
2 eggs
1 cup mashed ripe banana (I used 2 whole bananas.)
1/2 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 cups gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Baking Flour.)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp xanthum gum (I used Bob's Red Mill Xanthum Gum.)
 
 
Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and flour bottom only of a loaf pan.  In a large bowl, beat together sugar and oil.  Add eggs, banana, applesauce and vanilla; blend well.  Add flour, baking soda and salt; stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.  Pour mixture into your prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes (depending on your oven) until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool for 5 minutes and remove from the pan.  Cool completely (if you have that much self-control) and enjoy.  (Note: I stored mine in a cake stand on my counter and it kept for several days.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment